- Original owner bought new in 1973, kept it for 39 years
- Moored in Georgian Bay its entire life
- Second owner bought about 2002 moored in Owen Sound, Georgian Bay
- Present owner bought September 2020
- Relocated to Windsor, Ontario, and winterized over winter of 2020 and 2021
- Launched in May 2021 embarked on a cruise to Georgian Bay July 2021 for several weeks.
- Only 3 owners
- It has always been in the cool fresh waters of Georgian Bay, Ontario
The original Brochure give the best description of the features
- It has a built-in heating system but does not have air conditioning, but could be added
- One significant feature is that it has both a lower and upper helm station
- The lower helm station has excellent visibility, so it is very comfortable
Hatteras was the first large production-built power boat of reinforced fiberglass. Since it was first introduced in 1960, Hatteras has set the industry standard for fiberglass construction and performance. The new 38 Flying Bridge Double Cabin typifies Hatteras leadership in yacht design, engineering and reinforced fiberglass construction resulting in an easy riding hull that reduced pounding, yawing and broaching. Knowing yachtsmen have learned to rely upon Hatteras.
There are three main reasons why a Hatteras maintains its value:
- Hatteras does not make yearly models. The design is classic; there’s no planned obsolescence.
- Fine engineering in hull design, mechanical systems, extra fuel and water capacity.
- Spacious interiors more usable space warmth of natural wood.